Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tom Yum Soup !

I ordered tom yum soup n veg noodles from a new rest that claimed to have continental, thai, indi chinese, etc etc in their menu. I felt a lil bit 'fishy' when the guy who took my order turned out to b a mallu...never mind anyone can take order..was sure they had a great kitchen crew...

Reality : I got a light green liquidy liquid that tasted more like more kozambu than nething close to a soup forget tom yum. Ive had the best of tom yum the ones that make u sweat as u go thro the bowl, fragrant with lemon grass n that unique lime leaves..hmm.. The one I had in front of me cld win an 'innovative' recipe award for making more kozambu with shrimps n ya CHICKEN CHUNKS(may be they got some from some leftover stew..)

Wait what about the noodles? Well I was reminded of semiya uppuma,a lil bit of tadka well it would be a very interesting combo....

I dont have to pen down the moral of the story I know it by heart now. Wait did I see clam chowder in the menue......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you know that the waiter was a 'Mallu'?. Did you ask him to pronounce the word 'Auto'?. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to read such cool stuff. I know some people trying their hand at abstrusive psychology and end up confusing others. Do you know anyone like that?. :)

Anonymous said...

Even I find it tiring to read what I wrote.