Saturday, September 23, 2006

Complex, confessions and gratitude...

A few confessions...then...

I had a complex that I have flat feet n so I cannot run as well as others

I had a complex I am from a village school when I joined college and cldnt relate to ppl when they spoke of Gill Adarsh, Anna Adarsh, SBOA...etc..

I had a complex I had to give my ph no starting with the STD code and a few 'friends' actually refused to take it cos they wont make an STD call (again in college)

I had a complex(may be guilt) I transferred from Adiparasakthi engineering college thro reco to 'hep' Crescent and I didnt really deserve it.

The above mentioned guilt discouraged me from trying for a 'better' group and opted for Polymer science while I had got the least score in Chemistry in my +2 exam.

The low score in Chemistry in turn is tied in with the fact(read mental block) that a guy who had BSc Biology as his qualification took Chemistry for us in my village school. I thought he knew nothing n I learnt nothing....I had a complex I wont do well in Chemistry when i moved to a diff school for +2.


Now...a few confessions..

I run 13 kms flat in 70 min and I do it min 5 days a week.

I know which school you went to can only do 'as much' to you. It doesnt really matter when you know what you want to do....I look back with utmost gratitude for all the personal attention I got in my school (class strength was 5 I swear) and howmuch influence Ive had by a great personality like my school principal (Late Mr. Felix Bosco, died in a freak accident), he taught me discipline and hardwork thro his English classes.Unconsciously I learnt what is to be humane, what is to remain +ve always, ALWAYS from Sister Rita (Maraimalai Nagar St.Joseph's) and now I know these 2 were my greatest inspiration on a personal level and these I learnt from my 'village schools'.

I take pride and n am thankful for growing up in such a peaceful, serene place. I hate the fact that my beautiful village is no more a village, It has a chennai code(thats ok). Its crowded, its messy n will find a lot of 'People talking without speaking'..man i refer to these lines in every other blog...

I know now it was neither Chemistry nor Computers( though i do some code crunching now) where my heart lies...Adiparasakti or Crescent doesnt matter..I am here for a better purpose..(can u see the halo behind my head?)

I thank Thee for the blessings , the opportunities, the real life experience and all the twist and turns life has thrown at me and continues to do so...

This song is soo reflective of my current state of mind. Touchwood...did u hear me say Mashallah!

Well it took so long for me to realize
That my destiny was right before my eyes
If it were up to me to travel through this life
I'd find an open space for me to live out all my dreams
I'm such a lucky man, I try to be a stronger man
I shed a tear or two but that don't make me a weaker man
It's made me a better man, I've given all I can
To a world that sometimes thinks that I'm a lesser man
I remember all the things I've been through
Gave myself to all those people I once knew
I'm such a lucky man
I'd like to thank you for the times that you have been with me
I hope it meant as much to you to share these memories
There's a guiding light that always seems to shine on me
If I did it again I'd be happy 'til the end
I'm a lucky man, I try to be a stronger man
I shed a tear or two but that don't make me a weaker man
It's made me a better man, I've given all I can
To a world that sometimes thinks that I'm a lesser man
I remember all the things I've been through
Gave myself to all those people I once knew
I'm such a lucky man
It's right here in the moonlight...
Whooooooooohhhoooooohhhh
I'm a lucky man, I try to be a stronger man
I shed a tear or two but that don't make me a weaker man
It's made me a better man, I've given all I can
To a world that sometimes thinks that I'm a lesser man
I'm a lucky man
Yeah
MMMMMmmmmMMMMMmmm.... I'm a lucky man
Whooooooooohhhoooooohhhh.... just a lucky man

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good one. We loom many of the unnecessary issues during our teens. Just have a look at my post ' A woman from a different world'. You will find that more acidulous.

I never know that you really took it seriously during your teens that you are not from the city. Ofcourse, now you tend to laugh at such issues.

Even I used to have the complex that I didn't study in a branded school like DB-Egmore or PSBB. I studied in a corporation school (11th and 12th). I still remember that I used to hesitate a lot during my initial days in CEC when someone ask me regarding my schooling.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I can understand if you have had mentioned some decent schools like DAV-Gopalapuram, PSBB-KK nagar or Main, DB-Egmore, KV-KK nagar.... Athu enna Anna Adarsh, SBOA, Gill Adarsh?. Particularly Gill Adarsh laan attu school. Just a bunch of rich rogues who come to school to fool around. Ofcourse, exceptions are everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Even in my Orkut profile, I would have had mentioned the school where I studied till 10th std. Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

13 Kms?. Mmmmmmmm. That is very good. I remember making a huge fuss for running 2 Kms when I was in 6th standard. :) (Pinna, Intha udamba thookittu odarathunna summava...but I was small enough when I was in 6th)

ennigmaa said...

machi i dont have anything against those city schools or the kids da..its just that i realized mine was very good n see things that i didnt say 10- 12 yrs ago..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for

your sharing, it's very useful

Anonymous said...

This blog is very old, time wise. :-)
Its just like those old songs, get better every time I read it. It just like striking a conversion that end always the same way.
K.