Saturday, November 25, 2006

Haves and have not...

It was raining outside this morning...its Sunday morning blues, back to work after weekend..stepped out of home n stepped into slush n dirtied my shoes..ya for the rare bouts of rain Bahrain has...was mad already and got pissed at the traffic..

Was bumper to bumper traffic, I switched cd to listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, S&G and Aerosmith assorted collection my fav cd..n then four guys sitting under a tattered polythene sheet for a roof in a pickup truck in front of me caught my attention. They were laughing n smiling and looking at the flooded roads..quite a rare sight in Bahrain you see..one stretched out his hand n felt the rain just enjoying the journey to what could be a grueling day's work. They looked like manual laborers, but they obviously werent worried bout what was ahead of them n here they were enjoying the moment talking and giggling like school kids.., hmm I thanked the Supernatural for bringing my attention to these people..no cursing traffic no soiled shoes to let me bothered, I rolled down the window n felt the rain myself smiled @ the guys in front. These laborers Ive noticed have those big 'naan' bread for lunch n dinner all days thats all they can afford, and work for as low as 30- 40 BD/month and still blessed are their souls to be soo carefree and happy. State of life boils down to 'state' of mind. Wonder who are the haves and the have nots....Abundance has different meaning to diff people but am sure its meaningless if we cant cherish the moment 'one day at a time' n the elusive happiness will ever remain elusive...

This is one of my fav song I love to listen to on my way to work..its Aerosmith Dream on..

Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isnt that the way
Everybodys got their dues in life to pay

I know what nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know its everybodys sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life is in books written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know its true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if its just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away

Dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true......


I am gonna have a blessed week ahead and make the days of atleast a few people around me better... Smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one