Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Places taken for granted, food, calories, ectomorphs, endomorphs n the inbetweens...

Ya what else can I talk bout but food? Ive been catching up with an old pal from school on chat, n the discussion finally boils down to food n our fav eateries..mostly cos of me..no always cos of me...

N in doing so I lined up some places thats worth a mention...n most of em/all of em are renowned for their snacks. The list has no particular ranking n its my own personal favs..

1. Alsa mall entrance sandwich shop at the right most corner as you enter - toasted masala sandwich

2. Bhats Paradise, Tambaram - paav bhaji

3. Pani poori stall by the side of Sriram stores, Tambaram

4. Ofcourse Podi dosa across Brilliant tutorial, T Nagar

5. Idli kada with their still patent pending assorment of yellow, green n white chutneys.. near BT Mansion, Triplicane.

6. Early morning pongal at anadha bhavan, triplicane (again near BT mansion ).

7. Samosa with mint chutney in the evenings at 'Main bus stop' stall, Gud Van Cherry hills(Guduvancheri)

8. Fried rice + Gobi manchurian, Caspa, Tambaram.

9. Pullayar kovil pongal, Gud Van Cherry hills(Guduvancheri)

10. Mangadu Amman kovil puliyodara

11. Cauliflower, molaga bajji @ besant nagar beach

12. Two Haywards 5000 + chilly beef ONLY at Henkala, Tambaram

13. That big ass lassi @ Sowcarpet no clue which road, wht shop...

14. Ras malaai @ Aggarwals, Mint Street/Broadway

15. Masala paal, Bhats paradise, Tambaram

16. Veg puffs @ that bakery whose name I forgot in Shanmugam road, Tambaram.

17. Fresh parottas n seruva @ the big 'drive in' onto the left in GST road just before u enter Gud Van Cherry Hills.

Might have missed a few.....but ya the time spent @ those places carry much more memories than great food, those were quality time spent with friends pondering over the future of the world resting on the then 'young' shoulder of ours....those were also days when I cared a damn bout what ecto, meso and endomorphs meant , wldnt have possibly been able to explain the diff bet calories n cholestrol, never 'felt' the tummy after I ate between meals..

Yaa I actually used to eat before meals, between meals and after meals....n was not worried bout the 'side' view of my abdomen in the mirror....just dunno where , when n how i burnt the 'calories' (ya now I know wht calories, empty calories mean, damn the internet)

There have been days when I had made visits to 3-5 of the above listed places on any given evening, hogged all thro and then still go home to my unwitting mom n have a dinner like none of it ever happenned...

At times I get soo pissed at what I put myself thro..I mean the diet..the supplements n all that bull shit. Why cant I just eat what I want to n when i want to n still 'flaunt' a 6 pack? Or shld I even flaunt 1? Whoz set the benchmark that 10-12% BMI is healthy? Hidden agenda of the supplements maker that I blindly bought over the internet? Punnakku payaluva. Ya its my conscience talking...I think this craving for all the good stuff I miss is gettin me enlightened......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have to have a space between 'Of' and 'course'. I think it is 'Of course' and not 'Ofcourse'. I used to make the same mistake.

Even I am thinking of coming up with such a list as that of yours. I have to really spend a lot of time covering so many cities like Bangalore, Lucknow, Pondicherry, New Delhi and of course a whole lot in Chennai.