Thursday, June 17, 2010

Saudi hospitality love etc

Been a while since I stopped blogging on events in every day life. Today has to be an exception. Last night my mom traveled from Chennai to Jeddah via Riyadh. There was a transit and there was a situation- a flight delay by 2 hours. While she was looking for help to communicate with me a kind hearted middle aged gentleman helped her with making a phone call. He directed her to the right place for transit and even woke her up while she dozed off waiting for the delayed flight.. just in time to make it! Generally made her feel welcome and safe talking to her. From what I understand from my mother he was a local, traveling with his little kids and his mother in a wheelchair to meet his sister. Even with his loved ones around- 2 kids and mother in wheelchair to take care of, he still had time to help someone in need.

The man's heart had just love, love that's not blinded by the needy 's race, religion or color or sex. Through his eyes he just could see an elderly lady that needed help, it was not his relation, and he had nothing to gain.I messaged him today thanking him and he replied 'You welcome anytime sir'!

Just reiterates my observation in my earlier post, there can only be love in our heart or no love not love that's bound by 'factors' and the 'I' where it becomes matter of convenience, and 'interest' on our objects of possession, glorified and 'treasured'. My beloved, my love, my sweetheart... right.

My mom had a first great first impression in this land, hopefully it continues..Amen to that.

No comments: